A way to customize the signature image?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: BKirkham

A way to customize the signature image?

Postby PAA0691 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi!
Got another noob question for the forum: did you know a way to "customize" the image of the forum signature so I doesn't show the PHPVMS icon/logo and, instead, may be shows a plane or the Historic Airline Group logo? (I'm talking about the signature at the end of my post).

If someone tells me what size the image needs to be, I can create an image for everyone to use it if want to.

Thanks in advance!
PAA0691

Re: A way to customize the signature image?

Postby Dave Reed » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:17 pm

I looked at it and I don't think you can. It's a phpVMS proprietary thing. We use phpVMS because when you get their airline VA package it comes with it.
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby PAA0691 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Thank you Dave to look into it!

It would be nice to had our signature and a way to customize it.
I'll look if there's anything in the "horizon" and if I found something usefull, I'll come here and post it.
Thanks again.
PAA0691

Postby PAA0691 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 pm

My investigation paid off:

Here's a topic from phpVMS forums, about how to change the signature image:
https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/19976-ch ... undsolved/

This is just the brief explanation from that forum:

Upload some background images for the signatures in /lib/signatures/backgrounds/. The default file for the background signatures is background.png. If you want your pilots to use the same background, overwrite the background.png.

Also be sure to go to your phpVMS Admin, in Maintenance, click on Reset Signatures. ;)

And two good questions & answers from the same tread:

On 4/12/2013 at 2:39 PM, benboy123 said:
Kyle: If you upload diffrent backgrounds, will it give a random signature image to the pilots? Like: ARC100 gets background1.png and ARC101 gets background 7.png etc?

Not really, your pilots will have to select a background image when they edit their profiles.

On 4/12/2013 at 7:36 PM, cam3r0ngt said:
Do i also have to change the setting in a file of some sort so it turns off phpvms default signature?

I wouldn't recommend removing the background.png, because that is the default signature for each new pilot. Like I said, you can make an background image, name it background.png, and then upload and overwrite it into /lib/signature/backgrounds/ folder. ;)

Now... tell me Dave if you have time /way or want to check this.
I'll make a quick signatures if you want to tests it. Of course, without any compromise.
PAA0691

Postby Dave Reed » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 am

Why do we want to change our default signature? If we change one, we change them all? I don't think so.
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby PAA0691 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:35 am

Dave Reed wrote:Why do we want to change our default signature? If we change one, we change them all? I don't think so.

Sorry, as you may guess by now I'm not a english native speaker :P
What I mean is the forum signature (for example, the one you can see at the bottom on this post).

If you want, I can take for example the HAG logo (the one at the left top corner of the forum header) and put it in the .png art for the default phpVMS signature (and then send this to you so you can upload the signature and replace the default one), so every pilot can use a forum signature with the logo of the VA instead the phpVMS logo .

Or... we just could use the default phpVMS signature as always and that's it :) no one is gonna die for using a signature without a nicer logo.
My idea was to contribute, not to cause any problem! :)
PAA0691

Return to General Topics